SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 7 February 2018

REVIEW: LUSH BUNNY MOON JELLY FACE MASK




As a face mask and skin-care enthusiast, you can imagine my genuine delight when I came across LUSH releasing a new line of brand called ‘Jelly Face Masks.’ This product is formulated with a seaweed extract that brings an intriguing, squishy texture. If you enjoy any of the Shower Jellies then this review is right up your alley!



In regards to the packaging, it is the exact same plastic container the Shower Jellies come in, the only true difference is the Jelly Face Masks are in a 60g tub. Although it does spice things up on my Instagram feed, I will always have a little soft spot for the classic black pots. But at the end of the day, all of LUSH’s pots are 100% recyclable, so it’s a win-win in my books

Because of the carrageenan extract from red seaweed, this product takes on a Jell-O-like, gelatinous feel that’s quite unusual yet fascinating. If you’ve had any experience with LUSH’s Shower Jellies, then you are well aware of the texture of these masks. It’s unique due to it being different from LUSH’s other range of face masks. The Jelly Face Masks are not required to stay refrigerated and stay fresh at regular room temperature for up to four months. If you’re anything like me, my face masks always go past the expiration date before I get the chance to use it all, so I was pretty ecstatic when I saw the range of jelly mask products appear, and that they were more long-lasting than the other face mask products!

The mask starts off as a playful wibbly-wobbly jelly, but after you work between dry hands it becomes a light creamy paste. To use, you only need to scoop up a small bit to completely cover your face. Once the mask is a workable paste, apply to clean, dry skin and massage until you have an even layer. Bunny Moon truly doesn’t work properly with wet hands, and it’s recommended it is kept out of the shower. Leave on for ten minutes, and then wash off with a warm damp cloth.



LUSH has generously placed on the top of the mask a sweet gold-lustre that reminds me of Tinkerbell’s fairy dust which I am nuts about and is overall very cute. Moving on to the colour of this mask… it isn’t anything special. The colour is a cool toned creamy white-grey, similar to my LUSH American Cream Conditioner.

The scent of Bunny Moon is something quite magical. It consists of rose oil, vanilla, chamomile petals, and loads of syrupy honey, yet it also has a hint of spice to it. I’ve recently been buzzing over any sort of honey and vanilla products, as you can see from my American Cream Conditioner review, so this is great for me! Bunny Moon also contains marigold petals which help with skin irritation and redness and is overall a super comforting smell.

Finally, onto the results - the winters in Canada can be hellish with violent winds and extremely cold temperatures; that being said, LUSH promises that Bunny Moon will lock moisture into the skin, calm it down, and leave it feeling as soft as a bunny. I can confirm that this is all true. Due to these winter conditions, my skin was very dry, flaky, and scaly. But applying Bunny Moon once every week has fixed all of this, and I am well impressed!



The only issue with Bunny Moon is if you’re someone who uses their hands to wash off a face mask, you may find it to be quite a bit of effort as the mask clings to wet surfaces and becomes a slimy mess. I always remove face masks with a warm washcloth and lightly scrub as I believe it gets into your pores, and using warmer water also helps open up the pores. In the morning I follow-up with my usual moisturizing routine, which ends up leaving my skin feeling silky-smooth and wonderful.

I recommend Bunny Moon for anyone who has dry, sensitive, or combination skin. Those with oily skin may find this a little too moisturizing. Bunny Moon retails for $13.95 (CAD) a pot, and is well worth every penny, and who doesn’t want to channel their inner moonchild? Next on my list is 1000 Millihelens, as these enduring jelly masks are phenomenal.



What are your thoughts on LUSH’s Jelly Face Masks?

1 comment :

  1. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also best at home microdermabrasion machine

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, leave me a little message!
(Remember, please be kind)