SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 25 July 2019

Review: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Tinted Leg Mist Bronzer



It’s summertime here finally! After a long and rainy spring, I can’t wait to go outside and soak up some sun. If you’re like me, Casper the Friendly Ghost pale lookin' ass, becoming a bronzed summer goddess is the dream. So why not try to get that achievable tan?


I’ve been eye-balling a bunch of tanning oils this summer, but the Honey Bronze Tinted Leg Mist has really caught my eye. The bronzer comes in a medium size bottle, and holds 125 ml. The bottle itself is really cute. It’s a brown bottle with gold lettering, and I really like that the “O” in the word ‘Honey’ is in the shape of a honeycomb. That truly is the cherry on top.

Something really cool and what makes The Body Shop unique to other brands is they pair up with third world countries through their Community Trade. The main ingredient used in the Tinted Leg Mist Bronzer is honey, which gives the bronzer such a sweet scent. The honey comes from Beza Mar in Ethiopia. It comes from the UNESCO Sheka Forest Biosphere Reserve, where The Body Shop has worked with Beza Mar since 2009. They’re a cooperative dedicated to improving the livelihood of beekeeping communities. The Body Shop strives to support the sustainable use of these forests by providing a steady income for locals and empowering them to preserve wild African bees, which are very vital to our planet.


(Please ignore my fat ass eating Timmies, eh) 

I’m personally not a big fan of oils. I find it makes my skin feel very dry, sticky, and just overall gross. That’s why I have a big issue with finding the perfect bronzer in time for summer. When you first squirt the product out onto your hands (I recommend this method for best results) it doesn’t feel as oily as you’d think, it’s actually very lightweight. I then rub it thoroughly all over my legs and thighs. On the skin, it gives off such a sweet and light honey-sugar scent, which is really nice. Once on the skin, you hardly notice it. I’ve had to set reminders to apply sunscreen as I’ve forgotten and almost burned. 

I apply the Honey Bronze every 45 mins and either 2-3 times. I highly recommend using sunscreen beforehand if you burn easily, as there is no protection against the sun in the product. If you’re also someone with a paler complexion (so, before tanning basically) I recommend having a base tan first, as the product could make you a little orange as opposed to looking sun-kissed.

After sunbathing for about 2 ½ hours, I’ve noticed a difference in my complexion. My tan is even and I’m looking sun-kissed, I couldn’t be happier. It had a greater effect the morning after, that’s when my boyfriend and I really noticed it. Aside from it being a little on the expensive side, it’s the perfect summer-time product. Overall I’d rate it a solid 8/10!

5 comments :

  1. This product looks great, and like it has some really great result! I love that you suggest using sunscreen under it!

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿 www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really great product. I don’t use tanning products really but since coming back from holiday I loved the colour I have and want to keep it all year round! I’ll have to try this out, great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this sounds good. I never really use tanning products because I'm always concerned they're going to go drastically wrong, but this sounds really good. Thanks for the tips on remembering the sunscreen as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review and loved hearing your thoughts about this product! I love the sound of the scent and the glow it gives you, I've found that while their products can be a bit pricy, The Body Shops stuff does the job so it's a good buy (: Given that my skin is already brown I don't usually use tanning products of any kind but the sunkissed look is always nice so perhaps I'll give it a little try anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to bronze up every now and again, especially during the summer! I'll have to give this product a try x

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, leave me a little message!
(Remember, please be kind)