SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 8 July 2019

Review: The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask



Wow, what a mouthful of a title, eh? I dare you to try and say that ten times fast. This review has been long overdue as I’ve been loving this product for a few months now - the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask from The Body Shop’s bestselling range of facial treatments and face masks.


As you can visibility tell by my photos, I have been using this product often, possibly once or twice a week. The mask comes packaged in a heavy glass pot with a basic, yet bright and eye-catching label. The mask no doubt has an ‘expensive’ or ‘high end’ look and feel to it, but does it live up to that standard?

This exfoliating and glowing mask has a dark and almost mud-like look to it when it’s in the pot, but on the skin, it applies a little lighter and then turns into a pale grey. It feels tingly, cooling, and very soothing on the skin. The mask stays dark and spotty in areas where there is some oil on the face, which really fascinates me because I like knowing where exactly my problem areas are so I can better treat them. 

The scent of this product is truly something unique. You can clearly smell the strong tea tree ingredients the product contains, but you can also smell a sharp citrus scent. 

The Himalayan charcoal mask contains a wide range of ingredients that are not only 100% vegan but are also made to make your skin feel healthy-looking and help drag out impurities and refine the appearance of pores, leaving a lovely natural glow. The mask contains: green tea leaves, organic tea tree oil, eucalyptus, and has infused bamboo charcoal.


As I’m heading towards the bottom of the pot, I’ve decided to only apply the mask to my problem areas, so I don’t waste it. But if I want a true pamper night, I don’t hesitate to use it all over my face. At this moment, I apply the product using my hands, but I really regret not buying the Facial Mask Brush. The mask on its own can get very messy, it tends to get all over the pot and doesn’t apply as evenly using just your hands.

I honestly love how this mask works. It aims to draw out all the excess oil from the skin while refining your pores to leave you with a smooth finish. The mask does exactly that for me. Once rinsed off, the mask leaves my skin feeling smooth enough you don’t need to moisturize and helped minimize my tiny breakouts completely! 

My absolute favorite way to use this product is to apply it all over my face and put on a TV show while I let it do its thing. By the time it’s hardened, and I wash it off, my skin feels incredibly smooth with little to no breakouts or redness. I always use it during the evening so I can let my skin rest at bedtime and wake up to a fresh and rejuvenating face. I can truly say it leaves me with the sweetest ‘glow’ in the morning.

At regular $28 dollars a pot, I believe it’s worth the money. I have been using it once weekly since October and have just started to see the bottom, so you get an amazing amount for what you spend. You want to consider adding this to your weekly routines. I can’t wait to try the Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask, the Rose Dewy Glow Face Mist, and Lip Juicer!

Have you tried any products from The Body Shop?

9 comments :

  1. The Body Shop has never failed me but I was a little skeptical due to this product being a little price but it's nice to see you have really enjoyed using it so far!
    Sarah x
    http://www.saraheliza.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Body Shop products as they're great value and the quality is always really good, I mostly use the lip balms and scrubs but I've heard so many good things about this charcoal mask that I can't wait to try it! Great review of the product and I liked that you included the price as well as your honest opinions. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never shopped at the Body Shop but heard many great things about their products! This mask sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been years since I last used something from the body shop - I used to love their brazil nut shower creme. I'm very intrigued that this is a different colour on the oily patches so one can see their problem areas and would be tempted to try it just for that visibility. Next time I'm in the city I'll have to check if they carry it!

    Ruth ~ thatautisticfitchick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried a few Body Shop products but nowhere near enough! I love the sound of this x

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used and loved a lot of the body shop skincare before but I haven’t tried this mask. You have made it sound amazing and the fact it draws out excess oils is perfect for me! I need to get one x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Bodyshop products, but I've never tried this mask! May have to give it a go!

    Jas xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I've had this in my collection for a while and haven't even opened it yet! It's so great that you love it so much, I'll have to crack it out soon- I'd almost forgotten I had it!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try this mask for so long! Great review x

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, leave me a little message!
(Remember, please be kind)