SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 4 February 2019

✖️ If We Were Having Coffee



Let’s be honest here, I’ve been away for far too long now, and have potentially lost a bit of my mojo. Life took a few unexpected twists and turns, which naturally happens. But, here I am trying to make a comeback and hopefully, give myself a fresh start.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’m confused

For the second time in my life, I’m confused with what I want. I thought I had perfectly planned out my life, my career, and how I thought things would go with my step-by-step list; but it all fell apart on me. These past few months, I’ve been pondering the question “am I truly happy with this?” Which in all honesty, I’m really not. With that being said, I know I have to make a few changes in what I’m currently doing, which trust me, is much easier said than done. I’m heavily debating on going back to school, and just want to be making the “right” choice - whatever that may be. I’m optimistic in the sense that 2019 will bring me new opportunities, challenges, and hopefully guide me to the right path again.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’m moving

Finally! After so much planning and talking about it, I’m finally moving to the city (about an hour away) this coming spring. This is quite possibly the one and only thing I am absolutely sure of. I’ve even bought cute little home appliances, with a little help of course. I am the happiest about my Keurig I was kindly gifted for Christmas, I plan on making a little coffee bar in my future kitchen. You can find more future home plans over on my Pinterest *insert link* But, I am truly over the moon and get butterflies just thinking about it.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’m happier

Despite me being confused and unhappy with my career path at the moment, I am happier with where I am mentally, physically, financially, and relationship-wise. This time last year, I was in a pit of constant upset and it was hard for me to control. I was avoiding contact with friends, I wasn’t eating healthy, and I certainly wasn’t doing anything to help myself. All I needed was that wake-up call, which happened eventually. Better late than never. Now, I am the happiest I’ve been in a very long time and I don’t think that’s going to change any time soon.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’m trying new things

Earlier on this year, I was trying out boxing and to my surprise, I loved it! Sadly, I had to save some money and boxing didn’t make the budget, but I am so eager to get back at it, or perhaps I might try something new - maybe yoga? Who knows? I find staying active always helps me focus and sleep better.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’ll be better, I promise

I suck, I know. I’ve lost my mojo completely, spare me, please. Once everything started coming at me from all different angles, I decided to step back from writing, which was a huge mistake. I promise I’ll get better and hopefully make this a regular thing again, as I desperately miss the community, the group chats, and some of the wonderful people I’ve connected with through this little hobby.

Thank you for listening and joining this catch-up! It’s been way too long. It’s incredible how therapeutic writing feels to me, and so I hope that you’ve enjoyed reading what I’ve been up to. Please let me know in return what you’ve been up to lately in the comments below. What’s made you happy lately? Do you have any goals for 2019? What have you struggled with? I’m interested and love to read!


What have you been up to recently?
All creds to the lovely Abbey for the brilliant writing idea!

9 comments :

  1. I love this little chatty post, super honest and love getting to know more about whats going on in your life x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the style of this post, you've written it beautifully! It's great to hear that you're getting on well, you do you girl. You're mojo will come back when the time is right.

    Kayla ♥︎ www.kaylajayne.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea of that post. It is so beautifully written and I love the concept. Glad to read you are happier and getting on well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh good luck with the move my darling! I can't wait to see what you post next my lovely!

    Love, Amie ❤

    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely idea for a post and I love how honest and person it is!

    Sarah x
    http://www.saraheliza.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post! So honest and it’s literally like we’re having a chat! Glad to know you’re happier and when you are, is when things fall into place even more! You’ll be fine with your career! All the best!

    Jessica & James | www.foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these style of posts - you find out so much about the blogger at that point in their life and it really felt like we were just chatting :) It's okay to be confused sometimes. Trust that better is coming and you'll find your way <3

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alura your post was sweetly written and I enjoyed catching up with you. Thanks for being so open and honest about your feelings. I'm glad you found a new home and some peace along the way ❤️

    Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, leave me a little message!
(Remember, please be kind)